|Home||» Products||» Thermoelectric Power Generator||» TEG12VDC-24 30W AIR Thermoelectric Power Generators|
TEG12VDC-24 30W AIR Thermoelectric Power Generators
The peak rating of TEG12VDC -24AIR is 30 watt. The forced air TEG Generator operates at hot surface temperature of up to 400°C. DT is maintained by using a pipe vent for passing the cooler air to the intake fan. Boost/Buck constant voltage/constant current DC to DC converter is used for regulating the output from the thermoelectric power generator, which can be adjusted from ~5V to 16V. This can trickle charge a 5v to 12VDC battery when set at 5V to ~14.2V on the basis of charging specifications on the battery label.
(OUTPUT ON THE BASIS OF MAXIMUM HOT SIDE TEMPERATURE and DT).
CRITICAL NOTES FOR OPERATION:
When it is used to charge batteries, it incorporates a diode for preventing reverse voltage to TEG. Cold air is required by the generator on the fan side for best performance. It meets two crucial requirements:
- Generates crucial DT for increasing and maintaining optimum power generation.
- Safeguards the fan against overheating. The fan is rated for maximum 70°C (160°F).
In order to prevent TEG module from damage, it is recommended to not to exceed 750°F hot side temperature on the hot side.
The controller is a boost /buck constant current/ constant voltage charge controller.
It comes at set 13.8V to 14.2V from the factory. The operators can set to any voltage with the screws on the side marked CC (Constant Current) or CV (Constant Voltage). The operator can also meet his charging requirements.
It is important to charge and battery and draw loads from the battery, not from the thermoelectric power generator output directly.
FAN: 5 inch (120mm), IP55 protected, consumes 3 watt at suitably tested speed
WHAT IS NOT COVERED:
- Any kind of damage caused by abuse, misuse, normal wear and tear, accident or any physical damage. The loss or damage which is incidental or consequential is not covered. The warranty will be considered null and void in case of improper installation.
- The warranty does not cover merchant-ability or fitness expressed or implied. Thermal Electronics Corp. will not be responsible for damages in excess of the purchase price. Not any person is assumed or authorized to assume any liability in connection with this product of Thermal Electronics Corp. The warranty does not cover any misuse, abuse or mistreatment.
- Thermal Electronics Corp. applies best practices to make the Generators as durable as possible. However, there is no way for the company to completely prevent all damages because of overheating, or dropping.
- Under warranty limited to one year from date of purchase, the company can replace parts at the full discretion of the manufacturer.